When I posted my Top 10 rendering goals
, you might have noticed that I showed an image of how the message looked in Notes, and another with how it looked in Outlook after being converted to MIME by Domino 8, but I didn't show how it looked with CoexLinks 3.0 (pre-beta) right now. I have to admit, that is because there were a few outstanding issues and I didn't want to show it off just yet. After a long weekend of nailing down some niggling bugs, here are the images again, with the first being the Outlook version after conversion by CoexLinks 3.0 (pre-beta), and then the original Notes version for comparison. Below that, I have discussed how well we met the ten goals in this particular sample. (For the sharp-eyed, I changed the subject between when I first sent the message in Notes and when I later sent it with CoexLinks, as I was trying to keep track)Outlook version after being converted by CoexLinks 3.0 (pre-beta) and then sent via DominoOriginal Notes e-mail which was sent to external client (for comparison)Progress on the top 10 goals, as shown by this sample
- Thin borders which may be on or off as they are in Notes Works well
- Colored table borders Works well
- Fonts sized in point sizes rather than in the HTML sizes Works well
- Font face accuracy for default fonts Works well
- Exact margins/indentation Not perfect, but pretty close
- Accurate table cell widths Works well
- Text highlighters Works well, although the color is slightly different since Notes uses a hashed color and I use a solid color
- Proper list handling Not shown in any depth, but generally works well
- Row and cell padding in tables Works well
- Extended paragraph such as borders and coloring Not shown in this sample
What do you think?
Copyright © 2009 Genii Software Ltd.
Tags: Lotus Notes