Given the huge increase in functionality in CoexLinks 3, I think it deserves a new name. I'm not about to dump the CoexLinks part, as it is too well known and respected, but I was thinking of adding something to the end, the way Apple did with the iPod Touch or the way Microsoft did with Windows XP. I hope that some of you will help with this naming. Let's review briefly:CoexLinks 2.x basic functionality
1) Fixes doclinks to allow them to run outside Notes, enabling proper workflow, etc.
2) Allows flexibility in whether doclink becomes Notes URL, NDL or web URL, allowing web-enabling
3) Adds a customized disclaimer to mail that is modifiedCoexLinks 3.x additions
4) Improves rendering for ALL messages going out of Notes
5) Improves rendering for all rich text mail read from iNotes
6) Improves forwarding/replying rendering for iNotes
Or, to put it even more bluntly:CoexLinks 2.x: Improves life for customers choosing to NOT USE Notes/Domino emailCoexLinks 3.x: Also, improves life for customers choosing TO USE Notes/Domino email
Given that, one suggestion for naming has been CoexLinks Universal. Another might be CoexLinks Fidelity. What would you call this software tadpole that is growing into a full-fledged software frog?
Copyright © 2009 Genii Software Ltd.
Tags: Lotus Notes Coexistence