It might surprise some people, but I fully expect many IBMers to recommend iFidelity
, just as many have recommended CoexLinks
and our other products over the years. Here is why, in my opinion.
iFidelity makes IBM Lotus Notes/Domino look good, really good
- iFidelity demonstrates the value and versatility of Notes rich text by presenting it properly to other email clients, whether they are users of Lotus Notes/Domino themselves, or users of other email products..
- iFidelity improves the iNotes experience significantly, making iNotes a better and more reliable, way to access Notes email within your own organization, as well as making emails sent from iNotes more reliable and professional.
- iFidelity greatly improves email signatures, a highly popular end user feature, by rendering them as the user intended, no matter whether they are left as rich text or sent through the Internet.
- iFidelity offers enhanced Interactions between Lotus Notes customers who both use iFidelity, allowing features such as tabbed tables to become available for realistic and professional email use for the first time.
- iFidelity allows a Lotus Notes user to reply to and forward emails with confidence that the email history will not be garbled.
- iFidelity builds on the extensive work IBM has done to improve the email experience, and adds email fidelity to improve that experience even more, in the Notes client, in the iNotes experince, and in the eyes of customers who receive emails from Lotus Notes users.
Lotus Notes/Domino 8.5 plus iFidelity may well be the most powerful, reliable combination in the marketplace. Better security, application integration, extensibility and reliability, all thanks to Lotus Notes/Domino, coupled with clean, accurate, reliable email fidelity designed to present a professional look to everyone else, including other customers using Microsoft Outlook 2003/2007, Gmail, webmail, as well as others also using IBM Lotus/Notes.
Does iFidelity make IBM look bad for not improving the core product?
Perhaps a bit, but this is greatly outweighed by IBM looking good for having the foresight and dedication to support and expand API extensions, without which iFidelity wouldn't be possible. Also, the evidence that Genii Software is an IBM Design Partner should reassure anybody that IBM welcomes products that enhance and empower IBM Lotus Notes/Domino, and supports ISVs who create such products.
Copyright © 2009 Genii Software Ltd.
Tags: Lotus Notes iFidelity