CoexEdit Version 2.1 is ready for release, and it is a doozy. While I am still polishing up the documentation and adding voice-overs on some of the "two minute videos", I thought I'd post the feature list so you all know why I think it has been worth the wait.
Features in CoexEdit 2.1 (some features released to specific customers earlier):
- Integration of FCKeditor 2.6.3
- Improved support for "accessible tables"
- Support for shared toolbars in FCKeditor
- Editor-in-database now fully supported
- Enhanced "wiki links" functionality
- Enhanced memory management
- Improved attachment icon handling
- More robust exception handling
- Enhanced support for anchor links
- Better recognition of default CSS styles
- Supports IE, Firefox, Safari, Opera, Chrome and Camino browsers
Along with all the small tidy-ups and bug-fixes and such that come along with every new version, this is quite a big set of features for a "minor" version, but the CoexEdit community has grown and grown, and with it the support and feature requests have grown and grown as well. We have been listening and incorporating this excellent feedback, and should really have a version that will suit the masses. So, come and get it (and keep up all the great feedback so Version 2.2 can be just as exciting)!
Update #1: Click on the image below to view the way we customized FCKeditor to allow you to set column and row headers on a table, and how the changes are reflected in the Notes client as well, thus supporting screen readers in both Notes and in web browsers.
Copyright © 2008 Genii Software Ltd.
Tags: CoexEdit Lotus Notes